Learn CNC @ WPI
The WPI Manufacturing Labs are one of the best places in the world to learn CNC machining.
Everyone who wants to "Learn CNC Machining" begins at their own starting point. We have found that the best way to become proficient quickly is to couple the "learning" that you do with actual CNC Machining. and we have many tools in the lab that can step you through this process. Below you will find both quick references, and and a set of step by step tutorials that will help get you up to speed.
- Install from:
- License Server: esprit-ls.wpi.edu
- Map to drive T: \\storage.wpi.edu\academics\courses\ME\machine-shop
Already know what you are doing? Ready to start now? Reserve time on one of our 12 CNC Machine tools. Other wise checkout the resources below:
WPI Learn CNC Tutorials
The WPI Learn CNC tutorials have been created in cooperation with Immersive Engineering, The Massachusetts Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MassMEP, ) and Engineering Media Productions LLC. This content has been used to help tens of thousands of students gain proficiency in CNC Machining and Programming. To begin using the available content please read and follow the instructions below.
Read Me First
Please read all 4 steps of the instructions before filling out the form below.
- Follow the New Users Register Here link and submit the form.
- Once your account has been created, Login to the system using the credentials you created in Step 1.
- Use the subscription code: WPIStudent
- Complete the Safety for Machining Module, and The Intro To Milling and Turning Module